Saturday, September 26, 2009

Change

This summer has been the summer of change for our family. We love our new house the kids like their new school, our new ward is awesome. We are enjoying our new neighbors and new community. The only real challenge I have had with all the change is that my body isn't liking something. I have been sick since we moved in. I'm not sure if it is the addition allergies living out in the country or the house's unfamiliar smells, the previous owners were very clean but used a lot of cleaning supplies I'm not use to. The house doesn't smell like my family. I also bought real apple cider from an apple orchard down the road, the unpasteurized stuff, yah, I don't think I'll take that risk again if that is what made me sick. Anyway it all led to pneumonia and feeling really awful. When your sick, clammy and running a fever for days you start to hate long hair, when my fever ran high, If I could have gotten out of bed I would have cut it off. So yesterday as I was feeling a little better I decided to get it cut. Since I only go to a salon twice a year, (once more than Heather) I usually have to be impulsive and just do it. That happens with paint colors sometimes too but thats another story. I wanted my hair to look like Samantha Brown from the Travel Channel but I couldn't get a good picture of it and then Heather posted that old picture of me and so I took that in because I knew my hair could look like that because it was my hair. Well the Cut isn't the same as before it actually looks more like Samantha Brown's cut which is good because I like her cut. So posted are the before and after pictures. The Stylist wanted highlights, I told her lets do low-lights (for winter) she was determined to put some highlights but nothing drastic. I like how the color turned out, Hubby likes it too, I can tell by the way he keeps looking at me. I guess I have looked pretty horrible for some time. So to go with all the NEWNESS in our life I get a NEW hairdo. OH I am also the Volleyball Coach of my daughters team, that is new for me too, coaching. We played today and did awesome, I have an assistant coach who is Austrialian, the girls on the team love his accent, it's great & keeps everyone smiling. Instead of telling the girls to get their hinies or bottoms out of the air we say get your "ends down" much better word to yell out. It is interesting how in coaching you need someone who knows the game well (thats me) and someone who can run drills and is great at encouraging and building up the girls, thats our Aussie.




2 comments:

  1. I love the new do! I want a haircut now, so I don't feel so much like a half dead mommy.

    ReplyDelete